Roland Park Swimming Pool Inc. Regulations
- The regulations are designed to ensure the safety of pool members and their guests.
- Pursuant to the Lease agreement with the Friends School, the Roland Park Pool shares the pool with the Friends School Camp when it is in session.
- Parents are requested to familiarize themselves and family members with these regulations. All members & guests are expected to assist the staff in their enforcement. All members & guests must comply promptly with instructions from staff & guards.
- The Manager-On-Duty is authorized to evict and or suspend membership privileges of anyone acting in an unsafe manner or not in compliance with these regulations.
- Use of the Main Pool and Lap Pool is permitted only if a lifeguard is on duty and the Pool is open for swimming.
- Current paid Civic League dues are required of all Roland Park residents who wish to be Pool members.
- Pool dues are to be returned by the date indicated on the bill. Any membership request received after the due date will be charged a late fee. Failure to respond within one month of the due date will result intermination of membership.
- Family members listed on the signature card must be blood relatives or in-laws residing at the same address.
- Membership cards are kept at the front desk. The gate guard will check your card upon arrival. Members are required to sign in at the desk.
- Baby Pool 1. Infants are only permitted in the Baby Pool and must wear swim diapers.
- The Baby Pool is for children 5 years old & younger.
- Children in and around the Baby Pool must be under the direct supervision of a responsible adult at all times.
- Infants may be fed with plastic baby bottles & diapers should be changed discreetly.
- Children under three (3) are not allowed in the Main Pool.
- Children 3 and over must be potty trained if they are using the Main Pool
- No diapers are allowed in the Main Pool.
- Children 3-4 years old and any child who is unable to swim may be in the Main Pool only under the direct supervision of a responsible adult who is both within arms length of the child and physical in the water with the child.
- The deep water test is administered by the Pool Manager or Swimming Instructor. It consists of the child swimming 2 consecutive lengths of the pool. One lap must be free-style.
- The responsibility for the safety of children who have not passed the deep water test lies with the supervising adult. Children who have not passed the deep water test are restricted to the shallow end.
Supervision of Children
- Children 10 and under must be accompanied while they are at the pool by a responsible adult 18 years old or older. A sitter 16 years old or older with a valid Senior Lifesaving Certificate may be allowed to accompany the child with the written authorization of the parents. A child who has passed the deep water test may be accompanied by a sitter not younger than 14 years old with the written authorization of the parents.
- Children aged 10 and older may be unattended at the pool provided they have passed the deep water test and have written permission from their parents on the back of the membership card.
- The lap pool is for lap swimming only unless otherwise designated by the management.
- This is a 15 minute rest period every hour recommended for children by the American Red Cross.
- Guests must be registered in the Guest Book at the front gate by the member. Guests must be accompanied by the member and the member shall be responsible for the conduct & behavior of their guests.
- Guests shall be restricted to 10 visits per season and families shall be limited to 20 guests per season.
- All parties must be approved in advance by the management.
- Special considerations for guest fees may be given to the following circumstances, subject to Board approval.
- Out of town blood relative or in-law living with you on a permanent basis or an extended visit will be considered a family member and issued a membership card.
- Foreign exchange students may be considered a member of the family.
- Babysitters accompanying children in accordance with section 3-C above must pay guest fees but are not restricted in the number of visits.
- House guests for an extended period would be required to pay guest fees but would not be restricted in the number of visits.
- Adult visitors who are fully clothed and do not intend to swim are not require to pay guest fees.
- 6. Nannies with paid memberships are allowed but are not permitted to bring guests.
- Guest Fees adult & child: Weekdays & evenings $3.00 / Weekends & Holidays $5.00
- The following are PROHIBITED under any circumstances:
- Pushing, Dunking, Running, Rough Housing, Ball playing except on court area Tag games except those in the water.Inflatable rafts, tubes, floaties, life vests, or any other flotation devices (except noodles as provided below) Glass bottles & containers.
- Only 1 person is allowed on the diving board at one time
- Dives and jumps must be straight forward and not to the side
- One bounce only prior to dive or jump into pool
- After dive or jump exit directly to nearest ladder.
- Ladders are only for entering & exiting the pool
- General swimming in the diving well is prohibited.
- Dangerous dives are not allowed.
- Do not dive/jump until the previous person using the board has completely exited the diving area.
- When the diving well is being used for lessons/swim practice, no one may use the diving board.
- Noodles are allowed from 12-2 on Saturdays & Sundays.
Courtesy & Sanitation
- All members will show consideration for others in their use of the pool, the grounds & facilities.
- Changing of clothes is permitted in the restrooms
- Food & beverages are permitted after 3pm weekdays & all day on weekends.
- Baltimore City Health Dept. requires swimmers to shower before using the pool.
- Family members’ assistance in enforcing this particularly important for the safety & health of all pool members.
- Radios, I-pods& other audio devices may be used within the pool grounds with earphones.
- No Smoking within the pool grounds.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- no grilling on Food Truck events
- no grilling after 8:00 p.m.
- ensure gas is turned off when done grilling
- ensure that you brush off the grill with grill brush when done
- you must provide your own grill tools (spatula, tongs, etc.).
The only tool that the pool will provide is a grill brush for cleaning
- must be 18 to use the grill
- after cooling, please return the grill back inside gate area, but do not remove the propane tank
- contact the our Grill Committee on any grill issues
(need more gas, mechanical issues, etc.)
Chris Handwerk 610-849-3664
Kurt Overton 410-905-0527
Ryan Frederick 415-608-6381